Thursday 15 May 2014

Barrence Whitfield and the Savages @ O2 Academy Sheffield


Until a few weeks ago I'd never even heard of Barrence Whitfield and the Savages. I spotted them in the local gig guide, checked out some write ups and looked on YouTube and thought "yeah, worth a look".

They proved to be a whole lot more than worth a look. Full on high energy soulful rock 'n' roll delivered by a big guy with an even bigger voice backed up by a group of hard rocking seasoned musicians. Barrence's passion for performing came across right from the start, intantly infecting the audience and continuing throughout the show. 
I'm amazed someone this good has slipped my attention for so long but I'm gonna be sure to make up for it now. More info, music, video and tour dates at barrencewhitfieldsavages.com

No comments:

Post a Comment