Tuesday 20 November 2012

The Slingshots - Delaney's Music Bar

A couple of weeks ago my mate Martin 'phoned me to ask if I fancied seeing the Slingshots at Delaney's in Sheffield. 'Hell yes!' Now there's a band I saw back in the 80's and never realised were still around. I guess that shows how out of touch with with the rock 'n' roll scene I've let myself become.
Anyhow we got ourselves to the gig and loved it. A very talented bunch of guys giving an excellent performance consisting mostly of their own songs with a few very well done covers. By the end of the night they left a packed bar still wanting more.

 
Duly impressed I bought a copy of both Slingshots CD's and they were good enough to sign the latest one for me.
The Slingshots are playing Delaney's again on December 22nd. If you're in the area then get yourself along to a crackin' night out.
Check out what's on here Delaney's



 The Slingshots emerged onto the rockabilly scene from Sheffield in 1984. It didn't take long for them to earn a good reputation for playing live both locally and at larger events. The first Slingshots album " Feels So Right" was released in 1999 and of the fifteen tracks ten were original material. 

Fast forward to 2012 and the release of a new album with a new line up that still includes original members Steve 'Big Cleveland' Russell and J.D. England along with Dave Invicta and John Boulton. 
The album "Misfits" is loaded with well written original songs that you would find hard to distinguish from stateside classics of the 50's. Get your copy at the next gig or from the website here The Slingshots

Like them on facebook at  http://www.facebook.com/TheSlingshots

No comments:

Post a Comment